Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Everything Always Falls Into Place...

I am the truest believer in "The Secret" I've read it over a dozen times and it has definitely been sort of like a religion to me (not honestly - because that would be weird). What I'm trying to say is if there is something I believe in, it's that you get what you give. If you put out positive vibes you will receive a positive outcome and if you put out negativity you will in return get negativity.

Thinking with positive intentions has given me a lot in life; it's helped me; score jobs, get over heartbreak like it was nothin', get solo pieces in dance concerts, complete school with great grades, make extra money, and receive lots of extra blessings along the way.

Colton and I always tell each other to be positive and it's paid off. He has been stuck on what he wants to do with his career in life. (I am currently stuck now also, considering I'm not looking towards teaching another year). And he has just been blessed with an amazing opportunity. My dad is an electrician at Rio Tinto (Kennecott, and some other companies I don't know the names of) and has offered to hire Colton on as an apprentice where he will work full time and make good money, receiving $1 raises every six months. He will also go to school for four years to be certified on Tuesday and Thursday nights which would be paid for. When he finishes the program he will start to make excellent money. This is a huge deal. They never hire anyone on who has absolutely no history with the electrical field (okay, maybe not never, but it is certainly super rare). Colton hasn't decided on anything yet - it's a huge life long decision. But it's something awesome to think about it and I'm just excited he has the opportunity to begin with.

Colton and I have been staying positive about him finding a steady job that could allow me to go back to school and work part time, and eventually one day allow me to stay home while he works (far in the future). This could be it!!!

love you, Colty.

1 comment:

  1. i believe in the secret like a religion. it is not weird. it's called faith and hope. and we're sisters and think similar in a lot of things. i'll say 89%. but, it works. promise. my life = exactly like i planned it. in my head. high school, a cold mission, oakcrest, and now nic. he is my secret that i didn't even know. but who could handle me so well, nic does!!!!

    so glad about this great opportunity. we have had this same struggle and over the last year, things have fallen into place. things we never imagined happening. it's been incredible. we never even considered nic staying with sgt for the rest of his career in that field. but, now. it's like... how could there be any other option.

    oh how i love my baby sister. i can't wait for tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete